Elementary Workshops – All the details.
Our philosophy centres on creating workshops tailored to the needs of the students, teachers, and schools we work in. We come in and plan collaboratively with the classroom teacher and principal, honing each experience, so it meets the educational and creative needs of each class.
~ In order to book our artists, schools must have a minimum of two classes working with the same artist/art form.
~ Our workshops are typically three sessions per class, with the exception of media workshops, murals and installations, which are usually a minimum of six session per class.
~ Increasingly, schools are excited to have us create more extensive projects, occurring over time. This can includes working with an entire division or school, or hosting an artist residency.
Here are some sample workshops. This is not meant to act as a ‘menu’ of options, but rather, as a starting point so you can start to imagine the possibilities for your school.
- Social Justice and Hip Hop (Gr 4-8)
- Creative Movement – Exploring Themes and Issues Connected to Literacy (Gr K-8)
- Exploring the Elements of Dance – Introducing Choreography Skills (Gr 4-8)
Drama and Spoken Word:
- Story Drama – Explore Literacy Utilizing Drama Strategies. (Gr 1-8)
- Creating Stories in the Classroom (Gr 1-8)
- Story Telling (Gr 1-8)
- Creating Character (Gr 1-8)
Media: (Please note: Media workshops are a minimum of 6 sessions, and schools must have their own technology.)
- Introduction to Photography (Gr 4-8)
- ‘I Am Me’ – A Photographic Collage (Gr. 4-8)
- Grade 6 MAC Lab Exploration – Creating with iMovie and Garageband
- Spoken Word (Gr 7/8)
- Drumming (Gr 4-8)
- Songwriting (Gr 1-8)
- Orff Exploration – Exploring Story through Music (Gr 1-8)
- Soundscapes Connected to Literacy (Gr 1-8)
Please note: Depending on the scale of the project, the creation of murals and large scale installations take a minimum of six visits.
- Puppetry (Gr 1-8)
- Mask Making (Gr 1-8)
- Water Colour (Gr 4-8)
- Collage (Gr 3-8)
- 3D Creations (Gr 1-8)
- Mural Making (All)
We also do division or whole school projects, and presentations.